In the early ’80s when Swapan Basu chanced upon the opportunity to make hand-painted accessories; he was quick to seek help from his best friend and wife, Roma. In 1984, Roma started designing hand-painted bags while developing the process and refining the method of painting over the years. Today it is a closely guarded family secret. The colors are a very powerful element in these designs. The wide range of abstracts, imaginary and natural scenes, depicted in muted colors of all shades and hues, transforms each handbag into an object of timeless art.
- GENUINE LEATHER: It all begins with the leather & we leave nothing to chance to select the most premium cowhides. The surface of the leather is important for our artisans to do the best job of painting on them.
- A BAG WITH PURPOSE: Always handmade & hand painted. Hobos, satchels, organizers, crossbodies, wallets & more. All made by the heads, hearts & hands of human beings
- WEARABLE MASTERPIECE: It speaks to the sophisticated woman who is drawn to one-of-a-kind designs & craftsmanship. Every creation a conversation starter. A compliment-magnet. A cherished heirloom.
- CONFORMS TO YOUR LIFESTYLE: Varied sizes, function and design allow you to bring this treasured bag into your life, knowing it will serve every purpose you need it to.
- SIZES AND MEASUREMENTS: Width: 10.25″/26.1cm, Height: 12.5″/31.8cm, Length: 4.75″ /12.1cm, Weight: 0.9 Lbs./400 Grams